Friday, December 5, 2008



When we left Charlotte I was very nervous but you would never be able to know. All the emotions I had were overwhelmed by the new found anticipation. When we finally arrived I thought I had most of the answers, but what I’ve experienced I couldn’t see coming my way. Everywhere we’ve been we are stared at like the people are looking at an unknown species. My group and I, for the most part, are treated like celebrities or some kind of royalty. Tons of people appear out of air wanting to take photographs with us. It is crazy to witness how some Chinese people react to outsiders. There is so much that I love about Beijing and Baoding and some not so much, like street vendors. I feel at times like I’m in America because of some similarities, but when I experience certain aspects of the Chinese culture, it is very different. So far my trip has been outstanding and I wish the doesn’t have to end. – Stefan Weathers

3 comments:

j weathers said...

It's been very exciting following you all through your endeavors in China. Every evening I rush to the computer to see what you all have experienced. All the comments made have caused me to ponder the experiences that you all are having. Stefan, it was good to hear from you, everyone at work asks me daily have I heard from you. now I can say yes. Each of you continue to glean everything possible from each new day. Take care. J. Weathers

K. Rattely said...

Stafan, I finally figured out how to find and respond to you all (I need a technology lesson when y'all return!! I am so proud of you and Nkiruka taking bold steps to explore cultures and the world! I will definitely stay connected and tell everyone at school how to follow you guys. Be careful, take care, and now that you are missed at ISSG!! Love, Mrs. Rattley

M.Ramos said...

Now you all can appreciate the true meaning of "culture shock" but for the most part, in the positive and most beautiful meaning of the term. I'm so happy for everyone's safety and life changing experiences. Thanks to everyone for the descriptions and insight into your trip daily. M. Ramos