Thursday, December 4, 2008

After a long drive (about an hour or so) we arrived at our destination. Upon arrival, a teacher from the art university came on our bus and said, “Welcome to Baoding!” It was interesting seeing the people and they treated us with such great hospitality and reverence as if we were celebrities. It was an honor being before them. I met a one Wu Di, he practiced his English with me, and I practiced my Chinese with him. The best part of the day was the fact that I barely knew my person, but I feel strange now that we’re apart. It was great to have my profile painted and for one of the faculty members to say that they are my [fans]. [Mind you, this is my first time meeting them]. This is one of the first times since I’ve been on this trip that I didn’t feel like such an outsider to the Chinese.----Nkiruka.

1 comment:

K Rattley said...

Hi Nkriuka!! You guys will not believe all I went through to get this thing posted. I will definitely need to take some type of tech course from you when you return! I am so proud of you and Stefan, and you are both desperately missed at ISSG! You guys take care and be careful! I will let the others at school know they need to check in with you! Love, Ms. Rattley