Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Vision

This trip has had many highlights. Climbing the great wall felt like such an accomplishment. Walking through the Summer Palace was absolutely extraordinary. The tea ceremony was lovely. Meeting our partner students in Bao-Ding and Beijing was definitely the most powerful. Watching my vision of China I-Sights come to life before my eyes has been amazing and inspiring. I hope to continue programs such as this at The Light Factory in future years. To see the students connect with one another and share their thoughts, photographs, films, and gifts has been the most beautiful part of this journey. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to travel with these wonderful students through China. China is not only rich in history and culture; it is filled with the most kind and genuine people I have ever met. I look forward to experiencing the Yunan region of China where 54 minorities dwell and savor their own individual cultures. It will be beautiful I am sure. See you soon. ~ Ms. Jen Crickenberger

No comments: