Saturday, December 6, 2008

Teary Eyed

Hi guys. Right now we’re on the plane heading to Yunun in southern China and we’ve gotten a little bogging time. My favorite part of our time in Beijing was the trips to the schools. At the school we visited in Baoding, we were paired up in a game we played and little did I know that in just a few hours it would be so hard part with such a close friend. As I got to know my new friend “Lily” and learn more about her and her everyday life, I was introduced to a life much like my own. Listening to music like “Disturbia”, laughing with friends, dreaming of the future, and cafeteria food seem like the universal teenage language we both understand. We exchanged laughs, gifts and many parting hugs as we headed our separate ways. I can only hope that we (Americans) got something out of this; maybe the importance of friendship, or how the wonderful hospitality of a friendly stranger can brighten someone’s day. We were with our new friends for less than 24 hours and we were getting teary- eyed on the bus ride home. It makes me smile how touching just a few hours with these people was to us. Well that’s all for now. I hope to tell you all about it when I get back.
- Love Leanna ☺

2 comments:

S Pai said...

This is well written. You sound really sappy. Wonder where you get it. You're such a softy.

love you
mom

Ben P. said...

HI LEANNA BABY! Great blog, keep it up. We miss you! Love you