Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Our trip up to this point has been an awesome experience that I am so grateful that GOD allowed me be involved with. Today it is Tuesday December 9, 2008 and we are again traveling, by bus to a place called Li jiang. We are still in the Yu nan province just not in Dali. Speaking of Dali, it was one of the most enjoyable places I’ve been blessed to visit. I loved how our hotel looked. The whole complex looked like something out of kid’s storybook. One thing that I enjoyed doing here was bardering or bargaining for merchandise using Chinese. I even helped some of my fellow comrades bargain. This was probably the first time on the trip I enjoyed using my amateur skills; this made me feel really good. Probably the highlight of my last day in Dali was when I purchased an antique sword. It was the coolest thing I’ve seen. Later at dinner three of us guys put on our martial arts get up with our swords and basked in our heroic glory. It just feels like every day in this beautiful country gets better and better. I’m really excited to eventually be able to share my stories with everyone I know.
-Stefan

1 comment:

SeaBrz said...

Hi Stefan,
I can't wait to hear, see, and read about your complete trip. In addition to your photos, I'm glad you found something special in the market that you can keep for a long time. It will forever remind you of your trip. Every time you see that sword it will bring back memories (bartering in the market, the people you traveled with, the Chinese you met, the wonderful, peaceful experiences in the hotel/gardens, and other things that you found special). In my travels I have encountered two special places. Photos remind me of both but I also have a few items that bring back special memories.
God Bless You, and See You Soon,
Love Always, Nana xoxoxo