Thursday, December 4, 2008

Baoding Middle School



Today we visited an Art School in Charlotte’s sister city Baoding. We were had a very warm reception, they even clapped for us as we walked in. The principal of the school spoke to us, and then we played a game in which we grouped together with the Chinese students. At the end I was paired up with a Chinese girl named Wei Wei. She was very sweet and took me around the school gallery, excitedly showing me her teacher’s paintings, as well as teaching me phrases in Chinese. She even gave me a Chinese name meaning smile. We were both very sad to leave, and she told me that she liked me very much, and that she would practice her English so that she could come to America to see me. It was a very nice visit. –Imre

3 comments:

Jose Trevino said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jose Trevino said...

Hello Smile in Chinese,

How wonderful to be so enthusiastically received by the teachers and students of Baoding School!
It appears as though you had an impromtu lesson in brush stroke technique. Maybe you will bring home some objects d'arte from the school and/or surrounding areas.
I imagine that everyday is full of mysterious and enchanting moments as you make your way through China,embracing a culture so different than our own.
Please feel free to address your family.

Love,Mother

Jose Trevino said...

Hey Imre!
How thrilling to be dashing all around China! Now you are truly an international jet setter!
I am delighted that you are enamored of China. Maybe you have some new insights on topics for your research project...
Your family shares your joy, and looks forward to sharing your memories.

Love from home, Mother.