Saturday, December 6, 2008

Heart Warming

So far the only words that I can use to describe our trip is heart warming and “special.” The Chinese people and students have been so kind to us. Greeting us on the streets, wanting our photographs and making us feel like celebrities. Our welcome at the schools was like a homecoming. Formally, greeted by school officials and lovingly cared for by the students. The Chinese take the idea of “southern hospitality” to another level with close contact and touching as a part of their greetings and affection. At first this felt strange but now you see American and Chinese students walking hand in arm, giggling and laughing through broken conversations. I am proud of our students they have been wonderful ambassadors and representatives of Charlotte and America. They are very informed and open to learning. Experiences such as the China I-sights Project and this trip to China reinforces why I do what I do for a living. Peace - Mr. Charles

No comments: