Saturday, December 6, 2008

Learning So Much

Well, we’re on the flight to Kunming!!!! Beijing was AMAZING. We went to Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, The Summer Palace, a hutong, saw a typical Chinese house, and two schools. I made some new friends named Huang Yi Jui (who wanted an American name so we called her Clarissa) and Pekey! We saw a kung fu show, ate some amazing food, walked around the streets of Beijing in twenty degree weather, and climbed the Great Wall. Everyone treats us like we’re royalty here. Random people on the streets ask us for pictures all the time. At the first school, I learned how to write my name in Chinese, made a paper rose, made some dumplings, played games, drew caricatures, and met so many new people. I learned so much and will never forget anything that happened. I only wish I could see all this amazing culture with my family too! Love you guys!
-Ronald “the Maestro” Wise

3 comments:

Legally Chic said...

Ron! I'm so glad you're having such a fabulous time...I can't wait to see the pictures. Its 20 degrees there?!? I miss you and love you lots. Don't forget my desinger pocketbook.

n wise said...

HEY RON!!!! We love you and miss you. Glad you're having a great time--the trip sounds fabulous!!! Take lots of photos and write your memoirs!! and most of all, HAVE FUN!!! And don't ever forget, you are H&S&S and DEFI!! We LOVE YOU. xoxoxo Mama and Dad :-) ps, keep blogging.

n wise said...

Hi Ron. it's thursday, 8:49 pm, you are leaving China soon. I sent a couple of blog posts, but they don't show, so i guess i did it wrong. We have had so much fun following your trip thru the blogs and of course, you know me, the internet, weather channel etc. Have a great trip home and can't wait to see you TOMORROW!!!! LOVE YOU. XOXOXOXO mommy